Thursday, March 1, 2012
Today I wanna send you into the kitchen. After watching this video, you could't stop yourself to making it and stuffing it. Below I'm giving the Recipe for your facility. Watch the video for Demo.
Pastry for 2 crusts
8 cups sliced, peeled assorted baking apples (about 3 lbs.) (Granny Smith, Cortland, Jonathan)
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 Tablespoons butter
1 Tablespoon milk
3/4 cup white sugar
1. toss the sliced apples with lemon juice In a large bowl, .
2. Combine sugars, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; add to apples and toss well to coat.
3. Fill pastry lined 9 inch pie pan with apple mixture. Dot with butter.
4. Place second crust on top of pie filling, cut slits in top of crust to vent. Seal the edges of the crust with a fork or by hand.
5. beat the egg yolk and milk In a small bowl. Brush mixture over top crust.
6. Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes.
7. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake 40-45 minutes more or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly.
Varieties of The Yummy Apple Pie :-